The family of Al DelMonte is offering an educational scholarship to recognize student athletes who demonstrate motivation, coachability, hustle and academics.
- a senior at Glenbard East High School
- student athlete for 4 years
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- continuing education at a 2- or 4-year institution, vocational or trade school
- essay of 300 words or less (see application)
- recommendation from coach (see application)
One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000. The awarded money is to be used toward the first year of continuing education. The applicants may attend 4-year colleges, 2-year colleges, vocational or trade schools. Payments will be made directly to the institution. The recipient will be announced at the ESPY Awards Night on May 18, 2020.
DEADLINE: Thursday, April 16, 2020.
The Al Del Monte Memorial Scholarship Application is available via download above here or in the Guidance Office and the Glenbard East Athletic Office.
The Al DelMonte Scholarship Committee will review all applications and a decision will be made and communicated to the applicants and school administration.